My Lovely Love
Tips for Dating in High School
1. If you can’t even focus on doing an hour of homework every night, don’t expect to be able to handle a relationship. Set your priorities straight first.
2. Don’t be in too much hurry to find “love” because if you jump into every relationship insisting that this is going to be “the one” the chances of your disappointment are high. At this age, the majority of teenagers are still trying to decide what the hell their favorite color is, so the chances of you marrying your partner are slim (although not impossible).
3. Your relationship will run a whole lot more smoothly if you can be open and honest with your parents about the fact that you are in a relationship. I know that some parents are very over-protective and some don’t allow their teenagers to date and I know that those teenagers more than likely do so regardless. While it is out of your control whether or not you’re allowed to date, relationships run a lot more smoothly when you don’t have to sneak out at night just so you can see your boyfriend who skateboarded about 20 miles just to see you for a total of two minutes (actual experience). While this sounds nice and romantic, it’ll get really old really fast. Try to be honest with your parents about your relationship.
4. Kind of piggybacking off of number two, don’t be in too much of a hurry. If at any point in your relationship you feel as though you’re not ready for what’s going on, stop. Don’t ever feel obligated to do anything you don’t want to, whether that’s having sex or going to a party where you feel uncomfortable because he asked you to or even if it’s just kissing him in public. Don’t ever feel like you have to go past your boundaries to please your partner, if they care they will understand.
5. Don’t forget about yourself. I’ve realized that often times when teenagers get into relationships, they become so entranced by their partner that they forget to keep some space for themselves. Although it’s nice to have someone else in your life to share experiences with and give you the affection you so love, you can’t forget to give yourself time to just do you. Whether that means going to see a movie with him/her tonight and spending tomorrow night lying awake in bed all night watching bad horror movies or just not texting him/her for a day and spending some quality time with you.
6. Don’t forget about your friends. While it’s important to give yourself time alone, it’s also important to remember that your friends want to spend time with you too. Don’t let your boyfriend or girlfriend keep you from spending time with those closest to you.
7. Don’t forget about your family. You get the point by now.
8. RESPECT YOURSELF.
You know what’s creepy about Humpty Dumpty?
They never said he was an egg.
tired of all of the fake friends and backstabbers. the immaturity never ends. can’t wait for 8th gradee <3
You know what I’m sick of? People excusing Justin Bieber’s behavior because he’s a nineteen-year-old boy. Last time I checked, it was a bunch of nineteen-year-old boys who stormed Normandy and freed France from Nazi occupation.
Why doesn’t this have more notes?
A bunch of nineteen year olds put those jews under Nazi occupation. What’s your point?
I wish I can find that one guy I can just talk to everyday and just be cute together.